Bredon Hill is well known for its biking trails, whether on road racing around the hill or over hill cross country. You can also cycle on the biking trails around the nearby Malvern Hills and Eastnor. We have secure storage for your bikes.
To rent bikes, the most local bike shop who will deliver and collect bikes to Well Furlong for you are
They charge a total delivery and pick up charge of £20 per booking.
Bredon Hill is well known for its walking trails and there are many footpaths and trails over the hill and more flat routes around and alongside the nearby River Avon. You are also able to visit other walking areas in the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills. We have local ordinance survey maps which you are welcome to use.
There are some links to local walks below.
- Cricket – Worcestershire County Cricket play at New Road in Worcester, WR2 4QQ wccc.co.uk
- Rugby – Worcester Warriors play rugby at Sixways Stadium, Warriors Way, Worcester WR3 8ZE.
- Golf – The Vale Golf Club, Hill Furze Lane, Bishampton, Pershore WR10 2LZ. 01386 462 781.
- Tennis Club – Pershore Tennis Centre, Avon Bank Lodge, Avon Bank, Pershore WR10 3JP 01386 556 677.
- Riding – Jill Carenza Equestrian, Washpool Equestrian Centre, Stanton, Broadway WR12 7NE 01386 584 250 or Hayswood https://www.facebook.com/Hayswood-Equestrian-Tuition-Livery-Hayswood-Equestrian-Riding-Club-211677758862745/
- Tiddesley Wood – Perfect for an adventure in the woods near Pershore on bikes or feet https://www.worcswildlifetrust.co.uk/nature-reserves/tiddesley-wood-harry-green-reserve
- Regal Cinema (Evesham) – definitely the most civilised and children friendly cinema in Worcestershire – go and cuddle up on the love seats with your children, pizza and a glass of wine. Cheap family tickets at low peak times.
- Walk up Bredon Hill to Elephant rock – for amazing views, a bracing but doable walk with children and wonderful adventures on the way up with a climb on Elephant Rock at the top.
Finish with a hot chocolate at the Queens in Elmley Castle https://www.elmleycastle.com/
- All Things Wild – Close to Evesham with animals, dinosaurs, a soft play barn and indoor and outdoor play areas
- Broadway Park – Simply the best playground for all ages in Worcestershire and you can warm up afterwards in one of the lovely cafes a couple of minutes away in Broadway High Street.
- Clive’s of Cropthorne – Relaxed farm café and deli with a wonderful enclosed playground for all ages, located between Pershore and Evesham
- River Avon and Avon Meadows – Only a 5 minute walk from Pershore Town Centre, Avon Meadows is a wonderful place to get away from it all, relax and reconnect with nature, next to the River Avon
- Sudeley Castle in Winchcome – slightly further afield; a wonderful playground with several floors of castle to play in https://sudeleycastle.co.uk
- Visit your local Church or Abbey – we’d love you to visit ours for some time out, history, reflection and calm at St Marys Church, Elmley Castle
- Bredon Playground – with its mini bike and skate park and playground https://www.bredonplayingfields.co.uk/
- Worcester Woods – Another great playground, woods and a lovely healthy café with lots of events lined up for halfterm and Halloween
- Abbey Park in Evesham – with its many playgrounds, skate park and boat trips down the Avon
- Croome National Trust – for walks, playground, den building and a lovely café https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/croome
- Babyccinos in Evesham – for the little ones, an affordable café experience and a play in their enclosed play area, https://www.facebook.com/BabyccinoCoffee/
- The Almonry Evesham – offering a full week of spooky trails and Halloween events
- The Valley Evesham – Combine a bit of grown up shopping and kids entertainment at the Valley, with walks, an outside play area and miniature steam train
- Further Afield: Cotswold Farm Park (40 minutes’ drive), Cotswold Safari Park (40 minutes’ drive), Cotswold Vale Alpacas: 4 miles, Bonkers Activities(SUP, kayak, canoe, archery, river trips): 5 miles, Aztec Adventure Watersports: 5 miles, Croft Farm Water Park (Sailing, canoeing and windsurfing): 11 miles
- Kids Camps:
Currently Not Available Summer 2020 due to COVID restrictions:
Hayley at ‘Spa at Home’. Hayley’s treatments are amazing. She combines 15 years of her own experience with Temple Spa Methodology in the luxury environment of Well Furlong Cottage and Spa. I speak from experience – her facials and massages are the best I’ve had. Call her on 07972 831277 to book in a treatment before your stay.
If you would like to book a babysitter during your stay, please try and give us as much notice as possible. We have a couple of great babysitters who we use for our own children and are happy to recommend and assist in booking.
Cinema: https://theregal.ac/ My favourite cinema in Evesham, relaxed love seats with a bar and café – drinks and food delivered to your seat.
Stratford Upon Avon with the Swan Theatre and Royal Shakespeare Theatre is 40 minutes away
Broadway with its Art Galleries, Boutique Shopping, Cafes and Restaurants 15 mins away
Cheltenham with its Cheltenham Race Festival and Cheltenham Literary Festival 40 mins away